Monday, May 08, 2006

Moha

Moha - The Old sanskrit word means affection. Here i would like to focus affection means affection for anything. A person is affectionate to his/her body, money, materials he/she might be possessing or want to possess. There is a saying "moh paap ka baap hai" which means for every sin/problem the basic reason is moha. I'll like to put up an example here, It might not convince each n every person-
A person had a bad day just because somebody by mistake bumped into his new car and which caused a big dent on his new car. Now he is angry his mood is really bad its just because he has affection to his car. I won't say keeping affection is bad but having affection to the extent which can affect your life your mood your temper your character is BAD. Murders, suicides n killing have 80% chances done for basic reason being affection. I've a l;ot to write on this but very difficult to explain because of language difference whatever i hear is in hindi translated from sanskrit n prakrit so explaining in english is difficult may be in future if i continue to write here i'll definetely improve.
At last on Moha i would like to suggest that try to reduce the affection (hard core one) you will feel better.

1 comment:

Damien said...

You say "where you realize that its the body and materialistic world are different from you (The Soul)".

I thought the idea was that through meditation, you acheive moksha which is liberation from maia which is the illusion that you are separate from the rest of the world. So in a sense, moksha is the realization that you are really one with the entire universe, not separate or "different" from it.

I agree with this idea that if you change your perspective that you can see that the self is an illusion. The only problem is that human nervous system gets in the way. My nerve endings terminate at the periphery of my body and so there is a distinct difference for me in that beyond my own body, I can no longer sense pain or pleasure. This is what keeps bringing me back to the self.